I mentioned in a previous post that my original ROW80 goals weren’t working for me. Snow, bad habits, and self-doubt derailed my original plan and made me lose my focus.
On the other hand, it was a good time to be inspired. Bob Mayer’s Write It Forward workshop has been a career-changing event. Angela Wallace reminded me to smile. Myndi Shafer and August McLaughlin made me laugh out loud when I most needed it. Tameri Etherton gave me a Versatile Blog Award, which lifted my spirits. I also learned more about the business with (once again) Bob Mayer, J.A. Konrath, and Debra Holland.
And I had time to work on my new goals–which look like the old ones, but are more balanced and flexible. Besides, now I know why I’m doing them. In my outlines, each scene has a clear, indisputable reason to exist. Likewise, each goal must fulfill a clear need. Here’s what I need to do and why:
- Write – to keep me sane. But I don’t need to finish a novel in three months; it’s just not my priority at this point.
- Develop outlines – to be able to write. I just need the basic plot, the ending, and a line describing each chapter. Then I’m free to create.
- Use my most productive hours (9am to 1pm) to write – so I don’t get frustrated by slow progress.
- Know where the next checkpoint is – to keep me motivated and focused.
- Connect with people – for many personal and professional reasons.
- Exercise – to have energy to accomplish all the above.
- Study and research – to support my writing goals.
- Write 2500 words/week. At least 2 weekdays dedicated to writing.
- Outline of BLUE #2. Write/edit at least once a week.
- Outline of CRIMSON. Write/edit at least once a week.
- Re-write career plan.
Social Media goals:
- Blog schedule: 1 or 2 regular blog posts per week, not includingROW80 updates on Sundays.I can’t post just for posting. If I don’t have something interesting to say, I’ll just shut up.
- Create a stash of blog topics and blog posts. 1 weekday dedicated to blog posts.
- Support fellow writers. Blog hopping, commenting, facebook, twitter: every day, but no more than 2 hours/day. One hour in the morning and one in the evening.
- Exercise at least 4 times a week (at least 2 runs and 2 workouts).
- Study/Research at least 2 hours/week. I really need to reserve time for this one.
- Read every day.
Thanks for the support. I’m back in the saddle again!
Latest posts by fabiobueno (see all)
- Book Cover Reveal – FORGED BY GREED, by Angela-Orlowski Peart - 21 August, 2012
- YAmondAY with Coleen Patrick - 20 August, 2012
- Book Cover Reveal – WICKED SENSE by Fabio Bueno - 17 August, 2012