11 Comments

1. PJ Sharon
    25 November, 2012 @ 5:51 am

Wonderful story, Fabio. I love those kinds of books that leave you breathless and thinking about the characters long after the book is closed. Rebecca sounds like one of those. I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing.

2. Allyson Brann
    25 November, 2012 @ 8:40 am

I can’t really say that one book stands out in my mind as a reader, I love reading and have found lots of authors and books that I thought were wonderful! I have not read Rebecca but sounds like I need to add it to my TBR list:) Happy Holidays!

• Allyson Brann
      25 November, 2012 @ 8:50 am

I forgot, I subscribed to blog and newsletter by email,
      liked Fb page,
      friended you on goodreads Allyson Brann,
      followed on twitter: allyson29

3. Stacy Green
    25 November, 2012 @ 4:13 pm

Great post, Fabio. Love reading about your inspiration as a YA author.

4. Stacey Joy Netzel
    25 November, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

Hello, Fabio! This book is mentioned often by members of my writing group in WI. I’ve never taken the time to read it because I’ve got tons of books on my list by friends, but you’ve really got me intrigued now.

I have to say, the way you described grabbing a book and feeling the sand beneath your feet, it’s almost as if you were right there on the beach! 😉

5. Becky Ward
    25 November, 2012 @ 6:31 pm

Great post! I have never read this book you mention, but I will have to add it my list to read. I’m thankful for all the books and new authors that I find every day. I have plenty of books that marked me as a reader that I would know which one to mention.

beckyqward@gmail.com

6. Angela Orlowski-Peart
    25 November, 2012 @ 7:37 pm

The book premise sounds spine-chilling. I can imagine poor Rebecca wandering the stairs and the rooms of the mansion, feeling the oppressing presence of the deceased Ms. De Winter. And the “YA before YA” idea definitely makes me want to give “Rebecca” a try. Thank you for introducing me to this book, Fabio.
    I hope your vacation is great!

7. Lona Stringer
    25 November, 2012 @ 9:12 pm

Sounds like a great book. Thx for the post.

8. Reetta Raitanen
    25 November, 2012 @ 11:38 pm

Fascinating insights about your favourite book. I haven’t read Rebecca but I definately will now. I had never thought of it as YA before YA.

Most memorable books for me tend to be those that make me cry. Recently Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn series (fantasy) and Patricia Briggs’ third Mercy Thompson book (urban fantasy) did it for me.

Two classics I return to over and over again are Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Margaret Mitchell’s Gone With the Wind.

9. Debra Kristi
    26 November, 2012 @ 12:08 pm

Sometimes I have a little trouble with slow reads, but you have really intrigued me with your review of “Rebecca.” I may have to add this one to my TBR list. Thanks for your insightful look at the story, Fabio.

10. Christine DeMaio-Rice